Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Showfest. Tonight's show comes from the Bell Center in Montreal.
– Tonight's WWE SmackDown opens with a look at how Braun Strowman threw SmackDown commissioner Shane McMahon through a table last Friday Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia. We see SmackDown General Manager Paige backstage look what happened. Paige says Shane will not be here tonight. Paige also talks about Shinsuke Nakamura against WWE Champion AJ Styles on GRR and announces a No DQ provision for their match on Backlash on Sunday so we will have a clear winner.
– We live from Bell Center in Montreal as Tom Phillips welcomes us. He joins Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
Miz announces that Daniel Bryan is banned from MizTV due to last week's edition. Miz sends a warning to WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins before his title match on Backlash on Sunday. Miz scares the title and what he did for it, and fans cheer. Miz says fans will see an A-Lister as champion on Sunday. He returns to MizTV and introduces tonight's guest. Out comes WWE United States Champion Jeff Hardy to a pop.
They take a few shots on each other to begin, including Jeff Taunting Miz for Rollin's loss, before Miz accuses Jeff of being too arrogant. Miz shows us how Jeff came to SmackDown a few weeks ago and interacted with Randy Orton. Miz reveals we have another guest tonight and out comes Orton. Orton does not care when Miz mentions how Orton interrupted his intro. Miz tries to start things between Orton and Hardy. Orton says he is not angry with Jeff and does not see what the big deal is. Orton says Jeff used a situation and Orton did the same to him last week. Orton says that he and Jeff are cool as far as he is concerned. Miz continues to try to mess things up and get Orton to beat Hardy with RKO. Orton warns Miz saying that no one tells him when to turn to. Orton says he will take the title back on Backlash. Hardy says he can try. Miz taunt them to have a joint agreement saying that they may hug. The music interrupts and comes out Shelton Benjamin.
Shelton says that Orton can not try and does not deserve to try, he does not deserve a damn thing. Fans Boo Shelton. Shelton says he defeated Orton in the middle of the ring last week, so if someone deserves a title shot, he is. Fans give Shelton "what?!" treatment now. Orton kicks Shelton on the apron and goes for draping DDT but here comes The Miz. Jeff takes Miz to the corner and hits a Whisper In The Wind. Orton and Hardy Tower Shelton looks at from the ramp. Miz encrypts the floor as MizTV has been interrupted. We go commercially with Hardy's music game.
Miz and Shelton Benjamin vs. Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy
Back from the break and we have taken a team fight. Orton takes control of Shelton and works him over, goes to the corner. Jeff pulls in and holds the crime for a 2 bill.
Orton comes in again but Shelton is working him over. Orton lacks RKO but Shelton flies Orton for 2 bills. Miz comes in and takes control of Orton as fans loudly do "ole!" sing now. Miz covers Orton for 2 bills and keeps him grounded now. Jeff tries to rally the audience for Orton. Jeff finally gets the hot tag. Jeff looses Miz. Jeff calls out to Montreal and meets the low drop kick. Hardy with more insult and a 2 count of Miz.
Miz blocks Twist of Fate. Shelton turns off the apron when Jeff counts Miz for a stitch attempt. Jeff blocks Skull Crushing Finale and goes for another try. Shelton notices when Jeff throws Miz to the floor. Jeff catches Shelton in a twist of fate. Jeff goes to the top to beat Swanton Bomb on Benjamin, but Miz grabs his leg from the apron. Jeff kicks Miz to the floor. Shelton goes up with a big knee to Jeff at the top. Miz knocks Jeff from the top to the floor. We go commercially as fans boo Miz while Hardy is lying down on the floor.
Back from the break and Miz has Hardy grounded in a headlock. The fans sing for Hardy as Orton waits for the tag. Jeff is fighting out and out but Miz kicks him and drops him with a DDT for a 2 bill. Shelton re-enters the attack on Jeff. Jeff spits a jerk, but Miz takes in and stops Jeff from labeling. Miz takes Jeff to the corner and works him over now. The fans sing "you suck" at Miz when he hits the big corner dropkick. Miz with another corner stick to Hardy who boos picks up. Miz plays for the audience and the heat continues.
Miz pays for another corner release, but Jeff wears him from the corner. Orton is waiting for the tag. Orton and Shelton enter simultaneously. Orton unleashes and hits powerslam. Miz goes in, but Orton throws him to the floor. Orton follows and hits Miz on the top of the message board. Orton goes back in and ducks Shelton, then he nails with a standing dropkick. Orton takes Shelton from the DDT drap apron, but here comes The Miz. Orton spikes him and hits DDT on second and second killings on both opponents. Fans pop when Orton hits the carpet. Shelton stands up and Orton spikes RKO. Orton is tagging Jeff and he goes to the top of Swanton Bomb on Shelton. Hardy covers for the staple.
Winner: Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton
– After the match, Hardy's music hits when he returns to his feet. Orton immediately drops Hardy with RKO. Orton stands out as his music hits now.
– Renee Young is backstage with Carmella and The IIconics. Carmella should be there but she is not. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay mock Renee Young and the people in Canada. They pick up the Asuka and Becky Lynch match last week, then dismiss Renee after she tried to talk about what happened. They introduce Carmella next and here comes SmackDown Women's Champion. She thanks them for the introduction and says she is so happy to live with them tonight. She continues and says she will beat Charlotte Flair again on Backlash on Sunday. Carmella says they are quite invincible together so they should go out there tonight and show everyone why Mella is money. And why the future is IIconic, they add.
– In the future, Shinsuke Nakamura will apologize for AJ Styles. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Tom Phillips says that Daniel Bryan is currently unable to perform because physicians do not cleanse him because they are worried that he may develop a bad breast infection. We watch video of Bryan who speaks for Friday's 19459004 Greatest Royal Rumble 50th match in Saudi Arabia and Nursing Wife NXT Tag Team Champion Roderick Strong. Graves says Bryan vs. Big Cass is still on for Backlash and nothing will hold him from a SmackDown ring.
– The bar is backstage that goes around when they arrive at The New Day. The new day takes them up to lose the RAW Tag Team Title match at Greatest Royal Rumble. The bar says they've always wanted to be on SmackDown and will be able to run The New Day. They continue and the bar is given a plate of pancakes. He asks if it puts a laxative in it. Cesaro throws the pancakes and The New Day is angry. Sheamus proposes a really welcome present – a match tonight. Big E gets up in his face and says he has it. Sheamus rose to Xavier Woods, saying that this is who he wants. Woods says that Sheamus's soul belongs to him tonight when they meet.
– We see Rusev and Aiden English who speak the backside. We hear fans chanting "Rusev Day" in the arena. English is revealing new lyrics for a song when Lana enters. Fans are great for Lana, wearing a Rusev Day t-shirt. Rusev compliments her on the shirt. Lana says Rusev Day is bigger than ever and he had a big Casket Match against The Undertaker at GRR. Lana says Rusev did well but something keeps him back. Rusev wonders what can hold him back because he has a vacation in his name every day. English leader of Lana and Rusev are looking at each other.
– We go to the ring and out comes Big Cass. Graves says Cass would not come out now. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Big Cass is in the ring with a microphone.
Cass reminds everyone that he is from New York City. Fans boo. He talks that NYC people have a stigma who does not like people from other cities and thinks they are better than other cities. Cass says this is true. Fans give him warmth when he scares to know he is better than everyone, including Daniel Bryan. Cass continues with Bryan's size, the same size of fans in the audience. Cass says the true size of a WWE Superstar is 7 meters long. Cass says Bryan is small and weak, and when they reach Backlash we will not get a "5 star" match, we will get a 5 second match. Cass does not need a wristwatch, armrest or any of it, he does not even need time to prepare. Why wait until Backlash? Cass calls Bryan to come to the ring and get his teeth kicked out, right now. The fans are singing "yes!" as Cass waits. The music hits and out comes a midget dressed as Bryan. Midget does "yes!" chant and heads to the ring.
Cass says that Bryan looks a bit longer tonight wondering if he has lifted his shoes. Cass makes some corny size joke. Midget Bryan kicks Cass into his leg and Cass continues with the weak sizes of joke. Midget kicks Cass again. They continue with this bad back and forth. Cass demands that the midget should make a buzz for all its fans in Montreal. Cass says he is available for bookings. Cass puts the microphone down and stares the little man down as he dares out to the audience. He turns around and Cass waves him with a big start. Cass jumps on the little guy and pounds on him as fans boo. Cass tower with a boot on little Bryan's chest. Fans chant "asshole" now as a group of judges comes down to get Cass away from the little guy. Fans boo as Cass leaves the ring.
– Still coming, Asuka team with Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair. In addition, Shinsuke Nakamura requests an apology from the WWE champion. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Renee Young is in the ring. She takes out her guest, WWE Champion AJ Styles. Renee lets speak but fans start chanting AJ's name.
Renee asks for the No DQ rule for Sunday's Backlash match against Shinsuke Nakamura as the chants continue. AJ calls Nakamura an artist and a cheap skate. AJ says that Nakamura can play their games because it is the advantage of a No DQ match. AJ says he is trying to defend his gold when Nakamura appears to be worried about wrong jewels after all the latest low blows. Renee records what happened at Greatest Royal Rumble and how Nakamura now wants an apology. Renee asks if AJ will be able to do it and he brushes it off. AJ says he should have left Nakamura sucking sand in the Arabian desert. AJ says that Nakamura destroyed his WrestleMania 34, destroying AJ vs. Daniel Bryan's match for WWE Universe and attempted to take out his friend last week. AJ says Nakamura is a coward attacking from behind and under the belt, but you can throw these rules out through the window this Sunday. AJ says he can break rules as well. AJ continues and says we will find pieces of Nakamura everywhere and the look we look at his face will be the appearance of torture, with the permission of The Phenomenal One. Renee apologizes again. AJ says if Nakamura wants an apology should he come out and … the music interrupts but out comes Samoa Joe.
Joe gets a pop as some fans sing his name. He takes the microphone on the ramp. Joe says that AJ is out here, making an act of himself, so full of rage and anger as he has lost focused on what's really dangerous about him. Joe says that AJ is not focused on the right match at all, he should be focused on what Joe's hand is raised in victory, as he once again proves that Roman Reigns is a failure in Backlash. Fans pop as Joe runs Regering down and talking about GRR finish until he matches WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar. Joe says Lesnar is rightful champion and Reigns failed. Joe says that this leads him to AJ, who needs to make peace with a fate that comes its way. Joe says he will put Reigns to sleep at Backlash and then he will come to AJ or Nakamura to knock them down and take the WWE title. Oh believe it Joe's music hits when AJ is watching from the ring. Nakamura music hits. Joe turns and faces the entrance, ready to fight with Nakamura. Nakamura hits the back of the ring instead and puts AJ out with another low stroke.
Nakamura comes down and takes AJ on his face. Fans loud singing for Nakamura as he waits for AJ to recover. Nakamura seems to meet Kinshasa on AJ but he puts the brakes on and goes into the opposite corner instead, jokes AJ and lets him know he's in control. Nakamura counts up and drops AJ with Kinshasa after all. Nakamura continues to taunt AJ like some fans boo. Nakamura is high above AJ and poses as his music hits. Nakamura grabs the WWE title and raises it over AJ. Nakamura beats the title of AJ and leaves.
– Becky Lynch is backstage. She is upset about herself when she talks with Asuka about last week's loss and takes the blame for Asuka's first defeat. Asuka tells her to forget last week, because last night they will return three times harder. Charlotte Flair is also there. Flair says Carmella and The IIconics think they are invincible but they are just annoying and have lost their thoughts. Flair says she will win her title back on Sunday but tonight she will teach Carmella on respect. Asuka gets fired and leads out. Flair and Becky sip some tea to finish the segment.
– Still coming, Sheamus vs. Woods. Back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Xavier Woods
Back from the break The bar is waiting in the Sheamus and Cesaro ring. The new day is out next – Xavier Woods with Big E and Kofi Kingston. The clock rings and Sheamus sends Woods down first and then shows a few.
Sheamus reigns again and takes Woods to the corner. Sheamus enters a knee and Woods strikes out of the corner with a strike. Woods picks a clothesline and kicks Sheam's knee out. Woods jumps into the corner but Sheamus catches him. Woods stops knocking a big rolling elbow and a dropkick to send Sheamus out of the ring. Woods runs the ropes and launches himself and takes Sheamus down to the floor.
Woods takes Sheamus back in the ring but here Ces Cesaro comes with bootleg pancakes in his jacket. Woods gets on the apron but Sheamus takes advantage of the distraction and hits a big knee. Sheamus with a 2 count now. Sheamus pounds on Woods and sends him hard to the bottom rope. Sheamus tower as fans chant "you look stupid" on him. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus is still in control. Sheamus with the Irish Curse Backbreaker. Woods is fighting out of a way, but Sheamus is taking her strikes. Woods counts a move and kicks Sheamus a few times. Wood with a big knee to the face. Woods with more insult to the comeback and a big corkscrew leg falls out of the corner for a 2 count. More back and forth now. Woods with a brilliant wizard for a 2 count. Woods goes to the top and goes on the rope but he comes down when Cesaro gets on the apron and is messed up with the top rope. Big E comes over and releases Cesaro on his shoulders for Big Ending but Cesaro sends Big E into the barrier. Kofi will end Sheamus but will not be lucky either. Woods takes Cesaro out on the floor and the chaos causes Woods to roll Sheamus up to goal.
Winner: Xavier Woods
– After the match, The New Day celebrates the The Bar regroups in the ring.
– We watch after-show video from last week, where Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville released Becky Lynch as she listened. We see Paige in her office and look at what happened last week. Absolutions members go in and everyone hugs. They congratulate her on being the General Manager and saying that this is amazing. They want to get straight to the point they say they know why she called them to her office. Mandy thinks Paige gives her a title shot but Paige says she has to earn it if she wants what Paige did. Paige announces Mandy vs. Becky for next week's show. Mandy asks if Paige can give them a special treatment. Deville agrees that they are in Absolution together. Paige says that Absolution is dead. We go to commercials as the cumbersome excitement fills the air.
– Back from the break and we get a recorded video from Zelina Vega. Andrade "Cien" Almas is with her. Vega says everyone wants to know when Almas comes to SmackDown but we just get to know what she wants us to know. As a company leader, Vega promises that SmackDown will change very soon. Almas hypes the arrival of El Idolo and jumps into a waiting SUV with Vega.
– Advertiser Hype Sunday WWE Backlash Pay-Per-View and WWE Network.
Asuka, Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch vs. Carmella, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce
We go to the ring for tonight's main event and first come Charlotte Flair as Greg Hamilton makes the introductions. Becky Lynch is out next, followed by Asuka. We go to commercial as Asuka meets the corner to form.
Back from break and out first are The IIconics – Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. The SmackDown Women's Champion Carmella is out next to her and goes to the ring. Carmella takes care of everyone with the title before we get the clock. Flair starts things with Carmella. Carmella plays around and walks in Royce without getting physical with Flair. Becky wants a piece of Royce and Flair to tag her in.
Becky takes Royce down and they confuse. Royce beats Becky off her hair and covers for 1 count. Becky with low drop kick and some that turn out. Billie with a cheap shot of Becky from the apron. This allows Peyton to get some shots in. Billie goes in and goes on with Becky. Becky turns it around for a quick pin attempt. Asuka goes in and Billie asks her. Asuka taunts Billie and prevents her from noticing. Asuka catches a kick but Billie strikes her in her mouth. Asuka laughs and stares Billie down. Asuka relieves Billie now with strikes. Asuka with Hip Attack. Asuka keeps control and tags Flair for a quick double layer.
Flair drops Billie and rolls her up for 2 bills. Flair with more insult on Billie. Billie smears Flair of hair from the corner. Carmella enters and speaks rubbish. Flair catches a superkick and drops Carmella for figure four. Carmella scrambled to the bottom rope and scream like The IIconics pull her to safety. Flair launches over the top with a plancha and takes out The IIconics on the floor. Carmella looks and Flair stalks her when we return to commercial.
Back from the break and Peyton goes on with Becky. Carmella comes back as things go wild. Becky stops releasing Carmella and going to the tag in Asuka but Billie and Peyton pull her off the apron. They send Asuka into the barrier, then the steel ring rises. Carmella ends Becky from the mark Flair. Becky kicks Carmella back and in comes Flair of the hot tag. Flair loosens Carmella with chops as fans "wooo!" with her. Flair launches Billie over her head when she comes in. Peyton is also thrown around when she comes in. Flair with a stomach-to-back suplex at Carmella. Flair fights by Carmella and Billie from the corner. Carmella sends the Flair face first into the flywheel and Flair lands hard.
The double club IIconics Flair and Billie cover the foundation but Becky makes the rescue time. Billie sends Becky out to the floor. Billie takes hold of Flair and Peyton's team for double teaming. Carmella comes in and gives Flair to the carpet from the top with the scissors. Carmella with a 2 count. Carmella with another pole attempt and another because she now shows frustration. Carmella pounds on Flair and speaks more junk. The referee warns Carmella as she continues to throw a fit and slammers Flair's face in the carpet. Peyton reinsertes to keep the attack going on Flair. Peyton ragdolls Flair and keeps her earthed when the screen is shared with a Backlash promo that takes over.
Back from the break and Peyton avoids figure four and sends Flair to the corner but it allows Asuka to tag Asuka relieves and dropkicks knock Peyton since the other two outside the apron. Asuka goes back to jumping wild at Peyton and nails the flying fist to the face. Fans pop as Asuka holds control. Billie gets involved, like Carmella from the apron. Asuka picks Peyton into them and knocks Carmella and Billie outside the apron with a hip attack. Peyton avoids it and rolls Asuka for a second and another. Peyton argues with the referee about the bill. More back and forth now. Flair stops taking Billie on the floor as the audience gets hype with her and Asuka. Peyton and Asuka continue to wear it, but Asuka counts and applies Asuka Lock. Peyton finally hits goals.
Winner: Asuka, Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch
– After the match, Asuka meets music and families with children as we go to replays. Carmella sits on the ramp and connects the title as she recovers. Flair leaves the ring and looks from the bottom of the ramp and moves the title around her waist. Carmella connects the title and stares back at Flair as SmackDown goes into the air.