Home / Entertainment / William and Kate's police convoy crash leaves older women in serious condition

William and Kate's police convoy crash leaves older women in serious condition



The Duke and Duchess have been in contact with the woman, Kensington Palace said, after she had been hospitalized after an incident with a police engine who participated in the convoy.

The couple were on their way to Windsor for a chapel service when the event occurred in Richmond, West London, Monday afternoon.

"At around 12: 50h on Monday, June 17th, a strange police motorcycle was involved in a collision with a pedestrian on Upper Richmond Road, Richmond," London Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

  Prince Philip car crash: Duke sends apology letter to woman left with broken arm

"The woman, believed to be in the 80s, has Her nearest family has been informed, the statement said.

Kensington Palace said: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were deeply concerned and sorry to hear about the accident on Monday afternoon. "

" Their royal highs have sent their very best greetings to Irene and her family and will keep in touch during all stages of her recovery, "added the palace.

Earlier this year, a Land Rover run by Prince Philip , the Queen's man, collided with another vehicle carrying two women aged 28 and 45, and a nine-month-old boy boy.
Philip, then 97 years old, gave up driving after incident, but will not face charges.

Source link