UN chief Antonio Guterres has called for a "credible" investigation into journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder in Saudi Arabia's consulate in Istanbul.
"It is absolutely essential to have a credible investigation and to have the punishment of those who were guilty
Khashoggi, a Saudi contributor to the Washington Post, was killed on October 2 shortly after entering the kingdom's consulate in what Riyadh called a "rogue" operation.
Saudi Arabia has repeatedly rejected Turkish demands to extradite suspects connected to the murder of the journalist, a critic of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
Turkey's foreign minister said on Saturday that his country would not give up on establishing the truth about the murder.
"We have not received any ne w information or outcome of the investigation from the Saudi side, "Mevlut Cavusoglu said, also in Qatar, which has been the target of a Saudi-led boycott since June 201
" Turkey will not give up on this, we will go to the end. "
Cavusoglu also said that many European countries are ignoring the murder, even as they promote freedom of expression and protection of journalists.
" Many European countries, who are promoting freedom of the media, freedom of expression, are closing their eyes. Disse landene, og politikerne, setter nogle sanktioner på folk som allerede er i fengsel, som aldri kommer til å besøke disse landene. At the same time, we have not accepted any proposal to close this case, "said the Foreign Minister at the Doha Forum.
Earlier this month, the minister said Turkey was in talks about a possible United Nations investigation into the killing That has provoked global outrage.
According to Turkey, a 15-member Saudi team was sent to Istanbul to kill Khashoggi, a palace insider turned critic of the Saudi leadership.
Riyadh has since detained 21 people over the murder.
The murder has damaged Riyadh's international reputation and Western countries, including the United States, France and Canada, have placed sanctions on Nearly 20 Saudi Nationals.
In addition, the US Senate voted on Thursday to approve a resolution calling for an end to US involvement in the Saudi UAE-led military campaign in Yemen, setting the stage for a pot ential showdown next year between Congress and President Donald Trump about US military support for Saudi Arabia.
The Senate also approved a resolution saying that Prince Mohammed is responsible for the murder of Khashoggi.
US politicians have grown increasingly outraged as the number of civilians killed in Yemen by Saudi and UAE air attacks using US-made weapons has risen dramatically over the past two years.
The Saudi-UAE coalition launched an intervention in 2015 through a massive air campaign targeting Houthi rebels.
Al Jazeera and news agencies