Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins was taken to hospital after his shorts melt on the skin in a freak accident involving chemicals in the pool.
The singer was covered by a toxic substance when he tried to fix the pool at home in Switzerland.
Hawkins, 45, sought emergency treatment for the accident and opened up about the disaster in a post on the celebrity message service Cameo.
According to The Sun, he said: “There was a problem with the pool, a pump bag and some chemicals came out of it. I think it was a PH negative chemical to control the acidity in the pool.
“I tried to fix it and I touched my legs and my shorts were melting on my legs, so then I had to go to hospital.”
Pool chemicals, including chlorine and muric acid, can cause burns and breathing problems if handled improperly.
However, Justin is believed to have made a good recovery after the accident.
Hawkins moved to Switzerland five years ago, but recently returned to the UK to compete at The Masked Singer.
He was in the UK marketing the show earlier this year and only returned to Switzerland in time before the coronavirus outbreak caused large parts of Europe to go into lockdown.
He competed in a suit like Chameleon and was masked after a sing-off with Duck, who turned out to be Skunk Anansie star Skin.
During the show, Justin got to flirt with judge Rita Ora even though he was in a suit and even handed her a rose during one of his performances.
The pop star was flattered by the attention and joked, “He looks fit, I never thought I would have a chameleon.”