Florida Winn-Dixie Stores and California Chains Save Mart and Food Maxx was included in the list of stores that may have received some for the 6.9 million pound beef recalled on salmonella issues Wednesday.
As with the retail list for Cargill E. coli-linked beef recall, expect adjustments and additions in the next few days.
The beef that JBS Tolleson recalled after 57 salmonella traps traced back to JBS Tolleson beef should be out of use, expired or in the consumer's freezer cabinet now. All usage / sales dates were in August and September for beef products manufactured from 26 July through 7 September. [ThursdayandFridayincreasedUSUSpoundedrecalledproductsandaveragedentalbillsfrom65millionspunded69691
Saturday's issue of the list included the usual omissions from the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service: FSIS has only "reason to believe" these stores have the product but "this list may not include all sales sites that have received it recalled the product or may contain the retail trade that did not actually receive the recalled product. "
What happened to the above-mentioned Cargill list last week. And this recall is 52 times greater than the Cargill recall.
The stores on the list:
▪ Winn-Dixie: Shops in Florida; Georgia; 1571 Westgate Pkwy. and 1151 Ross Clark CK, Dothan, Alabama; Harvey: Shops in Florida and Georgia
▪ FoodMaxxx: Shops in California; 565 E. Prater Way, Sparks, Nevada; Lucky: Stores in California
▪ Save Mart: Save Mart: ] Stores in California; 9750 Pyramid Lakes Hwy., Sparks, Nevada; 4348 S. Carson St. and 3620 N. Carson St., Carson City, Nevada; 525 Keystone Ave., 4995 Kietzke County, 10500 N. McCarran and 195 W. Plumb Ln., Reno, Nevada.
▪ Jons Market Place: 4501 E. 49th St. Vernon, California
▪ Maxx Value: 415 Paradise Rd., Modesto, California.
▪ S-Mart: 610 Kettleman Ln. Super King Market: 791 S. Mission Rd., Los Angeles.