Brown was stopped in January in a pharmacy parking lot over a parking lot. Erik Andrade, the fired official, was one of eight officers on stage, but he was not an arresting officer.
"Members are free to express themselves as private citizens on social media to the extent that their speech does not interfere with the duties of the Department. However, speaking, on or off duty, according to members' official duties and professional responsibility is not protected, says Chief Alfonso Morales in a statement.
The insistent posts contradicted this policy, said Morales.
"They have a racist connotation and deprivation, which mocks an individual who has recently been subject to the use of officers by violence. Such comments also affect his credibility and ability to testify of future hearings as a member of this section. I have not, and will not, tolerate such behavior. "
According to Brown's trial, which allegedly illegal and excessive violence, Andrade wrote the following statements:
- "Nice meeting of Sterling Brown of the Milwaukee Bucks at work this morning! LOL #FeartheDeer, "wrote Andrade on Facebook, referring to Bucks rallying cry.
- Andrade also shared an entry showing three pictures of black men, including Brown, who said," Yes, when something happens, there is always an epidemic of racism, police brutality or what lies in these unsuccessful liberal hand-picked so-called liberal black leaders come on. "Above the post, Andrade wrote," A little truth for those who want to listen. "
- After game 1 of the NBA final, where Cleveland Cavaliers JR Smith made a gaffe by letting time run out when the game was tied, Andrade published on Facebook, "I hope JR Smith doubles in Walgreens handicapped parking places while in Milwaukee."
Andrades The statement about Smith, the mood says, "is an opinion that he and other defendants may participate in illegal attacks and arrests of African Americans without righteousness and then enjoy such events without any fear of real discipline. "
The process also claims that Andrade did other insensitive and furiously charged services:
- Andrade wrote," Damn ….. more nap than a preschool! Lmao "above a photo of a glass chop with chocolate sprays along with a picture on the back of NBA superstar Kevin Durant's head. The text reads:" Who was better? "
- Andrade seemed to celebrate violence in a post saying:" Had the good time to switch to D5 the other day …. 5+ OT and a power use Lol. "
- In reply to a news story about Milwaukee who adopted a policy against mass jail, Andrade wrote:" It's fun when people talk about mass jail. Lmao like wtf is that ???? For the most part, all the people I deal with at work do not stop when they should be. Last time I checked if you do not commit crimes, you will not be detained. "
The alteration with Brown began when Milwaukee Buck's shooting woke left a drug store early on January 26 to find an officer outside his car parked over two handicapped parking spaces.
Officer Drive Brown and Brown told the officer not to touch him. The officer demanded backup and seven officers responded, according to the trial and bodycam video released in June.
Two sergeants were interrupted without pay – in 10 and 15 days respectively – to "not be a role model for professional police service." Another officer was interrupted for two days to "fail with treating a citizen with courtesy and professionalism. "Eight others will receive remedial education in professional communication, said service men.
CNNs Eliott C. McLaughlin and Amanda Watts contributed to this report.