Date published: Monday, November 11, 2019 1:43 PM
Manchester United and Liverpool's chances of signing Kai Havertz have suffered a setback following reports in Spain called the club where he sees himself playing after Bayer Leverkusen.
Havertz who became the youngest Bundesliga player to reach 50 appearances last year, has followed up his 20 goals last term with four strikeouts and three assists for the Bundesliga outfit so far this season.
The 20-year-old also scored his first goal for Germany in a 2-2 friendly draw with Argentina last month and his impressive run has seen him linked to both Liverpool and United .
However, United was previously reported this season to be heading for the race to sign him with Daily Mirror saying that signing him in front of Europe's leading clubs "would be a big bargain . "
United & # 39; believe it is worth the investment "that he" fits perfectly with their identities in age, talent, potential ̵
Further a report last week claimed that the Red Devils "planned a £ 80 million raid on Leverkusen" for Havertz with Ole Gunnar Solskjær making the midfielder his No. 1 target ", though it suggested that some deal would "wait until next summer". But the Spanish newspaper El Desmarque claims that Havertz, while not turning his back on a move to the Premier League, would actually prefer a move to Real Madrid when he leaves Leverkusen, after already having discussions with the the Spanish Giants over a summer 2020 agreement.
Havertz himself, while not commenting directly on speculation, has stated that he is ready to move abroad at any time.
"I think I have gained enough international experience in Leverkusen," Havertz told Marca as he talked about his future and added: "I know the rhythm of these international matches and I is convinced that I can go abroad at any time and play at clubs outside Germany. "
As such, El Desmarque suggests that Real could prioritize a move for Havertz in the summer ahead of Paul Pogab, who was said to be their no. 1 goal, but now looks more likely to return to Juventus.
In other Manchester United news Solskjaer has described his fear that Scott McTominay could be out for two months after having suffered an ankle injury against Brighton on Sunday.