Damir Kreilach's title in the 75th minute was the difference in Real Salt Lakes's 1-0 victory over the San Jose earthquakes, a match between two leaders after the Western Conference season.
from Brooks Lennon, who had found a corner kick from the opposite side, and RSL picked up three important points.
Real Salt Lake won at home for the 11th time this season, tying LAFC for most home victories in the West, jumping three places in the standings from fifth to second place en route this weekend. San Jose got a short win win with two games, but remains in fifth place.
The earthquakes did not generate many quality chances and the goalkeeper Daniel Vegas needed five rescues to stay close. Vega left the field with a chance for a free kick from Sebastian Saucedo after 68 minutes, making the score 0 ̵
Vegas's best save was with his feet in the 35th minute, denying Kreilach's head towards the center of the goal. RSL's Nick Rimando had three saves in a clean sheet.
- 75 & # 39; – RSL – Damir Kreilach | SEE
- THE STOR PICTURE: No one will catch LAFC in the west, but who saw RSL as a possible runner at the conference? They won without leading goal scorer Albert Rusnak and Sam Johnson (international service) also available. A big game is on the way at Minnesota United this weekend, but on paper, it's the hardest of their five remaining regular season games. For San Jose, it's a tougher road – each of their five remaining games is against a post-season contender, and it begins with a trip all the way to New York for an early match of just two days of full rest.  MOMENT OF THE MATCH: With Rimando barely tested, Kreilach was a great threat to crime, and when he rose high over Anibal Godoy for his head who found the net, it was well deserved for the work he had done previously in game.
If at first you fail, try, try, try, try and try again !! pic.twitter.com/xdQVewmLVq
– Real Salt Lake (@realsaltlake) September 12, 2019
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Kreilach's three shots on goal including the winner gets him the nod, with a tip of the lid to Saucedo in 26 quality minutes from the bench.
- RSL : Sunday 15 September at Minnesota United FC (17:30 ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN + in the US and on DAZN in Canada)
- SJ: Saturday, September 14 at New York City FC (12:30 ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN + in the US and at DAZN in Canada)