The idea of a "quiet location" in Uber – which actually began as a meme a few years ago – has now become a reality. According to the company, Uber passengers now have the opportunity to request a quiet ride, that is, they do not need to answer probing questions from overly friendly or curious drivers.
It is a good function but the disadvantage is that it does not roll out to all Uber's slate of driving alternatives. Rather, "Quiet Mode" is just one option for Uber Black and Uber Black SUV tours that can often be from two to three times more expensive than a regular UberX ride. In other words, if you intend to have a quiet and otherwise quiet ride, you have to pay for the privilege.
Uber places the option as part of a variety of "high quality services" for people who can afford the company's pricer ridesharing options. In addition to "Quiet Mode", some other features like Uber Black and Uber Black SUV riders can enjoy include the following:
- Luggage Help: Let your driver know that extra hands are needed for your luggage. [1
- Extended pickup time: Riders will have some extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays show up.
- Premium Support: Access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to do right.
- Professionalism: running with confidence and knowing that your professional, commercially licensed driver is at the top of his game.
- Consistent vehicle quality: Expect the same kind of rider, every time with consistent vehicle model, make, interiors and exteriors.
The enhanced features that Uber dubbed "Enhanced Uber Black Experience" are available to all Uber Black and Uber Black SUV riders starting today