Home / Sports / Qatar's World Cup bid used "black operations": British report

Qatar's World Cup bid used "black operations": British report



Qatar Successful, Controversial Plagiarized World Cup Hosts 2022 has suffered further allegations that they used a secret black operations propaganda campaign to undermine rival bidding contrary to FIFA rules, according to The Sunday Times. 1

9659002] The newspaper – which also charged Qatar in 2014 to buy the vote, but later they were cleaned after a two-year FIFA investigation led by US lawyer Michael Garcia – said emails leaked them by a whistleblower from the bid group show they paid a US office for a PR company and former CIA agents to spread "false propaganda" about the main rivals Australia and the United States during the campaign to host the 2022 competition.

Qatar for general surprise, beat the Australian and American bidding as well as South Korea and Japan on the right to host the quadrennial football show. Russia was awarded the 2018 edition while showing England as well.

The gas-rich Gulf states strategy was to recruit influential individuals to attack bids in their respective countries and create the impression that there was zero support to host the World Cup among the population, the newspaper said.

One of the core criteria considered by FIFA is that the bids should have strong support from indigenous peoples.

Bidders are also prohibited from making "any written or oral statement of any kind, whether negative or otherwise, about bids or candidates for any other member association" according to FIFA guidelines.

– "Rejecting Every Complaint" –

But one of the leaked e-mails that Times claims they were sent was sent to Qatar's deputy bidder Ali al-Thawadi, claiming that the state was aware of plots to spread "poison "against other bidders in the run before Qatar won the right to host the World Cup in December 2010.

Such measures went so far as to plan a resolution for the US Congress on the" harmful "effects of the US World Cup bill during the vote week, as well as approach and pay an American professor

Qatar issued a blank form denial.

In a statement, Qatar's Supreme Commitment for Delivery and Heritage stated that it "rejects every accusation presented by the Sunday Times".

"We have been carefully reviewed and have come up with all the information related to our bid, including the official inquiry led by US lawyer Michael Garcia," said it.

"We have strictly followed all FIFA rules and rules for the 2018/2022 World Cup bidding process."

FIFA, just emerging from what was widely considered to be a successful host of the World Cup of Russia for its Part said a statement that "a thorough investigation was conducted by Michael Garcia and his conclusions are available in the report."

The Snday Tmes claims that Qatar's controversial but successful 2022 host World Cup hosted experts to undermine the main rivals of the United States and Australia something that Qataris denies pointing out


Source link