Home / Sports / Europa League: Manchester United – FC Copenhagen. Red devils with a campaign

Europa League: Manchester United – FC Copenhagen. Red devils with a campaign

Manchester United recently beat LASK Linz 2-1 and on aggregate defeated rivals 7-1. Between two matches in the game’s 1/8 finals, she managed to finish the Premier League. The Red Devils took third place in the league. FC Copenhagen beat Basaksehir 3: 0 without any problems and reached the quarterfinals. The Danes finished the league season in second place, and their new player was Kamil Wilczek.

You had to wait until the 22nd minute for the first good chance. At the time, it seemed as if Manchester United would get a penalty kick. The referee interrupted the game to use the VAR system. Eventually, after analysis, Clement Turpin decided that the Red Devils were not entitled to “eleven”

;. Ten minutes later, Mason Greenwood decided to take the shot, but the opposition defender intervened well.

During the injury time during the first half, Greenwood got a good pass, fell into the penalty area and directed the ball into the net. The joy of the red devils was short-lived. The referee used the VAR system and interrupted the goal because he saw an offside. All in all, it was a goalless draw until the break.

With 6 minutes played, Denmark’s Sergio Romero found an opening in the visitors’ left side defense, but his shot was handled easily by the keeper. Two minutes later, the action moved to the second goal. Bruno Fernandes unleashed a swerving effort from the right that the visitors’ keeper did well to tip wide. With 66 minutes played, Bryan Oviedo nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through in the middle and fired from just outside the box, but his shot passed just over the bar. Shortly after, Fernandes got another chance. This time, however, Karl-Johan Johnsson was present.

In the 81st minute, VAR was in action again. This time it seemed that the Danes would get the penalty, but also this time the referee ruled himself after seeing the replay. Three minutes later, the English were able to win the match in their favor. Anthony Martial, however, did not manage to beat Johnsson. In the end, at the end of regular playing time, no team managed to score and extra time would be decided.

The start of extra time definitely belonged to Manchester United. First, Martial missed the chance and did not defeat Johnsson, and in the 95th minute Andreas Bjelland confused the opponent in his own penalty area. After the VAR analysis, the judge awarded “eleven” to the red devil. Bruno Fernandes approached the ball and put his team in the lead with a safe shot.

United felt the wind in the sails and in the 98th minute they were able to increase their lead. Juan Manuel Mata was in the penalty area but missed the goalkeeper. Just before he changed sides, Johnsson successfully grabbed twice. First after Fernande’s shot, then Mata. After the last intervention, Victor Lindelof took the ball, but he hit the post.

During the second half of extra time, Manchester United skilfully defended the advantageous result, and FC Copenhagen could not break through the defense for their rivals. In the end, the Red Devils won the match 1-0 and advanced to the semifinals. There, their rival will be the winner of the Wolverhampton Wanderers match against Sevilla FC.

Manchester United – FC Kopenhaga 1: 0 (0: 0, 0: 0, 1: 0)

Goal: Bruno Fernandes (95-k)

Yellow cards: Harry Maguire, Eric Bailly – Mikkel Kaufmann Sorensen, Jens Stage, Jose Zeca

Judge: Clement Turpin

Manchester United: Romero – Williams, Maguire, Bailly (70. Lindelof), Wan-Bissaka – Fred (70. Matić) – Rashford (113. Lingard), Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood (91. Mata) – Martial (120. McTominay)

FC Copenhagen: Johnsson – Varela (105. Bartolec), Nelsson, Bjelland, Boilesen (15. Bengtsson) – Biel (57. Oviedo), Stage (105. Bartolec), Zeca – Daramy (57. Kaufmann Sorensen), Older Wind, Falk Jensen ( 111. Vick)

Source link