Home / Philippines / Major Philippine hospitals declare “full capacity” for cases of coronavirus disease

Major Philippine hospitals declare “full capacity” for cases of coronavirus disease



A health worker goes towards St. Luke’s Medical Center – Global City in Taguig City on March 23, 2020. Jonathan Cellona, ​​ABS-CBN News

MANILA – Two major hospitals in the metropolitan area have declared full capacity for the treatment of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), a day after the health department reported over 2,000 new cases of respiratory disease.

St. Luke̵

7;s Medical Center said Monday that its intensive care unit for COVID-19 patients in Quezon City and Bonifacio Global City in Taguig were both “at full capacity” and urged the public to bring suspected cases to alternative medical centers. However, the hospitals are open to receive and treat non-virus cases.

“We appeal to the public to avoid independence and strictly follow health protocols and preventive measures against COVID-19,” said St. Luke’s.

Makati Medical Center, meanwhile, said it “has reached its threshold in its capacity to respond to more COVID-19 patients,” despite an increased workforce.

“The COVID-19 zones of MMC, both the regular wards and the critical care units, and especially the emergency room, are now full,” MMC Medical Director Saturnino Javier said in a letter to patients dated July 13.

“We will endeavor to find you another healthcare facility of your choice (or ours),” it added, as it assured that “admitting non-COVID patients … will remain a priority as well.”

As of Sunday, the Philippines reported 56,259 cases of the new coronavirus, with 16,046 recoveries and 1,534 deaths.

Announcement of new classifications in quarantine classifications is expected on Wednesday, July 15, Malacañang said on Monday as the country sees an increase in COVID-19 cases.

Experts previously warned that the Philippines may pass 60,000 cases by the end of July with 1,300 deaths,

University of the Philippines researchers project the number of viral infections in the new Cebu hotspot province would be 15,000, provided that improved quarantine in the community will be in place there until July 31.

St. Luke’s Medical Center, St. Luke’s Hospital, St. Luke’s QC, St. Luke’s BGC COVID-19, coronavirus




Source link