A Pennsylvania woman was treated for pain and swelling on a hospital Tuesday after a poisonous snake bites her on her arm while she was washing.
Judy Reed, from the Penn Pen, went down to her cellar when a 2-foot copper head snake sits on a shelf near the washer ran out and bitten her, Reading Eagle reported. Reed was treated by paramedics and taken to Reading Hospital where she was monitored overnight.
MASSACHUSETTS MOM "IN SHOCK" AFTER SNAKE BITES 9-MONTH BABY IN KITCHEN
"She had a lot of pain there was a lot of swelling, and she was stabbing her arm" after the bit, her daughter Danelle told the paper. Reed's boyfriend, Harry Sleigel, told WFMZ TV that she was expected to be ok.
Officials from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission put on the reptile and moved it to a safe place, the eagle reported.
The snake could have sought refuge from a new era of foggy weather and slithered into the basement through holes in the home, Detective Sgt. Deron Mandel of the Central Berks Regional Police Department told the paper.
CLICK HERE TO FOX NEWS APP
The copper head is the most common of the three poisonous snakes known to live in the state, according to the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. The other two species, which are also part of the pitviper family, are the marshes and eastern massasuga.
Reports of snake bites are rare in Pennsylvania – because the three species are usually not aggressive and tend to avoid humans, the group says.