NETWORK: Now figures from the British organization Stroke Association show a strong increase in stroke among young people. Heart attack occurs either because of blood clots (about 85 percent of cases) or bleeding in the brain (about 15 percent of cases).
The average age of stroke patients has fallen steadily in recent years and if this continues, the risk of stroke before age 45 can increase by 59 percent in 2035. It writes Sky News.
Juliet Bouverie, Stroke Association CEO, says the trend is clear: people get stroke at a younger age than before.
– For people at the age of 45, we have seen a dramatic increase in first-time teams. Our main message is that young people should be aware that stroke is not just something that affects older people. It can hit people of all ages, "Bouverie told Sky News.
READ ALSO: New report charts the North's diet: The Health Agency has four concerns
Researchers are not sure why more and more young suffer from stroke, but think it may be due to a change in living habits.
Stroke occurs suddenly due to blood clots or bleeding in the brain.
In 85-90 percent of cases, stroke is caused by blood clot, ie a blood vessel in the brain is sealed by blood clot.
In 10-15 percent of cases, it causes bleeding in the brain, ie
– High blood pressure (the most common cause)
– High alcohol consumption
– Cardiac fibrillation
– Cardiac coronary artery disease
– Increased fat content in the blood ] – Inactivity
Fewer strokes in Norway
Global pointing arrow in the wrong direction. More and more people get strokes, and according to the Stroke Association, the global global burden of stroke is more than double in 2030.
Fortunately, the arrow points to the opposite in Norway. Thanks to preventive work with known risk factors, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and smoking, we have seen a decrease in the number of strokes among the general public.
In Norway, 12,000 people suffer from stroke every year. Stroke is the most common cause of disability and entry into nursing homes in Norway, and the third most common cause of death.
Figures from the study "Norwegian Stroke in the Young Study – NOR-SYS" will be published in 2019. Only then will we
Several young women get stroke
But what we already know is that there is a group that differs from the decline in Norway: young women.
Among women under the age of 50, the incidence of stroke is slightly increasing, wrote Research.no 2017.
Senior Ulrike Waje-Andreassen is a professor of neurology at the University of Bergen and has long investigated the battle among people under the age of 60.
She can not say anything about why the incidence of stroke among women under 50 is increasing.
– We know that high blood pressure is an important risk factor for stroke and other cardiovascular disease. Weight gain has become a challenge in the western world, and increased weight often results in earlier establishment of risk factors such as hypertension and diabetes. But if it plays a role for young women, I'm unsure. Previously, oral contraceptives were responsible for increased clearance of the blood, but today's drug has less thrombogenic properties (processes that cause blood augmentation or living, journ.anm). In addition, the number of smokers has decreased in many countries, "said Waje-Andreassen to Nettavisen.
FACTS: HOW ANTIC A CIRCUMSTANCES
The most important thing to remember in suspicions of stroke is summarized in the word FAST:
F – Fjes . Paralysis of the facial muscles / face (facial paresis)
A – Arm . Paralysis of an arm (armparese)
S – Language Disorder . Eg. trouble finding the right word
T – Time . Every second counts. Call 113 immediately.
Until the mid 90's computer tomography (CT) was used to diagnose stroke. Now, however, magnetoomography is used, which provides better diagnostics, says Waje-Andreassen.
Better diagnosis and people have increased awareness of stroke due to increased media focus and the use of social media has caused stroke rate to be counted more correctly than before. Thus, the increase in numbers can not be as high as the report shows, but it is also about the diagnosis has improved so that we register more cases than before.
– The reason comes first in the second line when we talk about increased incidence. First of all, we say that we calculate stroke rate correctly, "points out Waje-Andreassen.
– How are the predictions for those who get stroke at a young age?
– The forecast depends on the cause. on what? Fortunately, most young patients have a better forecast today in terms of survival and self-confidence. It is especially due to the "revolution in stroke medicine", in the form of the first earliest opening of the blood or the first possible procedure or both. to return to studies, education and unchangeable jobs are mixed, says Waje-Andreassen.