NETWORK: Now figures from the British organization Stroke Association show a strong increase in stroke among young people. Heart attack occurs either because of blood clots (about 85 percent of cases) or bleeding in the brain (about 15 percent of cases).
The average age of stroke patients has fallen steadily in recent years and if this continues, the risk of stroke before age 45 can increase by 59 percent in 2035. It writes Sky News.
Juliet Bouverie, Stroke Association CEO, says the trend is clear: people get stroke at a younger age than before.
– For people at the age of 45, we have seen a dramatic increase in first-time teams. Our main message is that young people should be aware that stroke is not just something that affects older people. It can kill people of all ages, "Bouverie told Sky News.
Scientists do not know why more and more young people get hit , but believe that it may be due to changes in living habits.
– High blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity and similar factors are common in stroke. The young become more unhealthy, they eat bad food, overweight statistics go up and more and more people are getting diabetes. Therefore, the risk factors are no longer valid only for older age groups, but also younger, says Dr. Pankaj Sharma of the charity organization Different Battles Against Sky News.
FACTS ABOUT CIRCUMSTANCES
Stroke suddenly occurs due to blood clots or bleeding in the brain.
In 85-90 percent of cases, stroke is caused by blood clot, ie a blood vessel in the brain is sealed by b solder plug.
In 10-15 percent of cases, it causes bleeding in the brain, ie
– High blood pressure (the most common cause)
– High alcohol consumption
– Cardiac fibrillation
– Cardiac coronary artery disease
– Increased fat content in the blood ] – Inactivity
Fewer strokes in Norway
Around the world, the arrow points in the wrong direction. More and more people get strokes, and according to the stroke association, the global global burden of stroke will be doubled by 2030.
Fortunately, the arrow points to the opposite direction in Norway. Thanks to preventive work with known risk factors such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and smoking, we have seen a decrease in the number of strokes among the general public.
In Norway, 12,000 people suffer from stroke every year. Slaughter is the most common cause of disability and entry into nursing homes in Norway, and the third most common cause of death.
Figures from the study "Norwegian Stroke in Young Study – NOR-SYS" will be published in 2019. Only then will we see if there is still an increase in stroke in Norway.
] More young women get stroke
But what we already know is that there is a group that differs from the decline in Norway: Young Women.
Among women under the age of 50, the incidence of stroke increases slightly, wrote Research.no 2017.
Head Ulrike Waje-Andreassen is a professor of neurology at the University of Bergen and has long been researching strokes in people under the age of 60.
She can not say anything about why stroke occurred. Women under 50 are growing.
– We know that high blood pressure is an important risk factor for stroke and other cardiovascular disease. Weight gain has become a challenge in the western world, and increased weight often results in earlier establishment of risk factors such as hypertension and diabetes. But if it plays a role for young women, I'm unsure. Previously, oral contraceptives were responsible for increased clearance of the blood, but today's drug has less thrombosis (processes that cause blood boost or live, journ.anm.). In addition, the number of smokers has decreased in many countries, "said Waje-Andreassen to Nettavisen.
FACTS: HOW ANTIC A CIRCUMSTANCES
The most important thing to remember in suspicions of stroke is summarized in the word FAST:
F – Fjes . Paralysis of the face muscles / face (facial paresis)
A – Arm . Paralysis of an Arm (Armparese)
S – Language Disorder . Eg. trouble finding the right word
T – Time . Every second counts. Call 113 immediately.
Until the mid 90's computer tomography (CT), the diagnosis stroke was used. Magnetic Tomography, which provides better diagnostics, is now used, says Waje-Andreassen.
Better diagnosis and people have raised awareness of stroke due to increased media focus and the use of social media has led to the stroke rate counting more accurately than before. Thus, the increase in numbers can not be as high as the report shows, but it is also about the diagnosis has improved so that we register more cases than before.
– The reason comes first in second place when we talk about increased incidence. First and foremost, we say that we calculate the rate of rotation correctly, says Waje-Andreassen.
– How are the predictions for those who have a stroke at a young age?
– The forecast depends on the reason. One must also ask about the forecast with regard to what? Fortunately, most young patients have a better forecast today regarding survival and self-confidence. It is not least that which is due to the "revolution in stroke medicine", in the form of the blood's first earliest opening or the first possible procedure or both. The forecast to return to studies, education and unchangeable jobs is mixed, says Waje-Andreassen.