May 1 – strong words. During the trip in Australia on Tuesday tweeted Emmanuel Macron to commemorate Brahim Bouarram, killed in 1995 later on by a parade of the National Front. "23 years later, Brahim Bouarram's death is still a tragic example of what racism and its procession of violence and hatred lead to," he wrote.
"We will not forget and will fight racist leprosy, whatever shape and purpose," added the President of the Republic on the social network. On May 1
23 years later Brahim Bouarram's death is still a tragic example of what racism and its procession of violence and hatred lead to. We will not forget and will fight racist leprosy, whatever shape and purpose.
– Emmanuel Macron (@EmmanuelMacron) May 1, 2018
Earlier on Tuesday, the government spokesman Benjamin Griveaux had already commemorated Brahim Bouarram "in the name" of the head of state. The deputy from Paris announced on Twitter that he had put a wreath "in the name of the President of the Republic" near the bridge of Carrousel where Brahim Bouarram was pushed into the Seine by right activists on May 1, 1995 on the sidelines. a UN parade, during the two-election presidential election. Four soldiers in the supreme court were sentenced in 1998 in this shop by the Assize Court in Paris.
May 1, 1995, his name was Brahim Bouarram, thrown to Seine, victim of the utter hated right. His name was eternally etched in the hearts, not to forget
– Benjamin Griveaux (@BGriveaux) May 1, 2018
The PS mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo, also added a wreath. "Of course, I'm glad there is no parade at the National Front in Paris this year but his ideas are extremely present in French society and we have to fight," she said at BFM Paris. "This party, even if it contributes to the election, remains eminent outside the Republic," she said.
This morning we went to Brahim Bouarram, the death of racism killed by militants in the National Front. Always be mobilized against racism! pic.twitter.com/AbViyNArIM
– Emmanuel GREGOIRE (@egregoire) May 1, 2018
This year, the UN welcomes its European Allies in Nice to defend a "Union of European Nations."
• May 1: Marine Le Pen welcomes its European Allies, even the most embarrassing
• Estrosi condemns the Le Pen meeting in Nice, calling him "Old Left"
• BLOG – With its collection on May 1st, the UN shows the true face of the United Nations
• To follow the latest news on HuffPost click here
• Each morning you receive the free newsletter to HuffPost
• Find us on our Facebook page