The Raspberry Pi Foundation has released its updated Raspberry Pi 4 which offers higher performance, high performance Gigabit Ethernet, up to 4GB RAM and supports up to two 4K screens.
] Raspberry Pi 4 improves performance, RAM up to 4 GB and support for two 4K screens
It sounds like an expensive upgrade. Shouldn't RaspBerry Pi be cheap? Don't worry, it's still. Raspberry Pi 4 will sell for only $ 35, with 1GB, 2GB and 4GB of RAM to offer a balance between its low prices and extended hardware capacity.
The Raspberry Pi 4 also features two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports and supports a USB 3.0 input, which supports an additional 500mA of power, enabling the use of powerful USB devices, even during high CPUs loads. Pi 4 also goes to the use of Micro HDMI to offer support for two screens.
These are the main specifications of RaspBerry Pi 4
- CPU ARM Cortex-A72 64-bit four-core 1.5GHz (3x performance)
- 1 GB ($ 35 / £ 33), 2GB ($ 45 / £ 43) or 4GB ($ 55 / £ 53) LPDDR4 SDRAM  Full-performance Gigabit Ethernet
- Dualband 802.11ac wireless network
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports
- Two-screen compatibility with resolutions up to 4K
- VideoCore VI graphics compatible with OpenGL ES 3.x
- Video equipment decoding HEVC 4Kp60  Total compatibility with previous products RaspBerry Pi
Processor BCM2711 Cortex-A72 is a new chip to replace the Cortex-A53 cores. This may allow Pi 4 to offer between 2 and 4 times more performance than Pi 3+ depending on the task.
RaspBerry Pi 4 is now available for purchase.