Home / Health / Kentucky man caught carnivorous bacteria on camping trip

Kentucky man caught carnivorous bacteria on camping trip



A Kentucky man says he contracts carnivorous bacteria during a camping trip – and is still recovering from the severe infection nearly two months later, according to a report.

Jonathan Metcalf, of Lancaster, took a memorial weekend trip with his family to the Green River, where he prayed and camped, he told the local outlet WKYT Wednesday.

It only took a day for Metcalf's symptoms – including dizziness and fever – to start inserting, he shared. [19659002] "It felt like someone was kicking me in the lukewarm," Metcalf told the outlet.

His family left early and Metcalf saw something that began to form on the left thigh, he told the station.

"It got to where I couldn't go, he said.

A doctor diagnosed a case of necrotizing fasciitis, a rare bacterial infection that kills tissue and separates the feed from the muscle, the report reported.

Symptoms of diseases include A red or swollen area of ​​skin that spreads rapidly, severe pain ̵

1; even beyond the infected area of ​​the skin – and fever, according to the CDC. About 700 to 1200 cases of the disease have occurred each year in the United States since 2010.

Metcalf spent Two weeks in the hospital, where he underwent surgical procedures – one of which removed a 6-inch portion of his upper thigh, he told the station. Now he is waiting for a skin graft.

"I've been in mudholes, creeks, all-wheel drive all over My life, probably every body of water is there. Most of them were good at, Metcalf said. "This would never have crossed me like this could have struck me. It's something you see on Facebook that you never thought could be in your house."

Metcalf, an electrician, has not been able to work since the event nurse has visited for his home treatment, he told the outlet. He hopes to return to work in one month.

Several people around the country have recently come to meat-eating bacterial infections.

Gary Evans, 56, Texas, died July 8 of necrotizing fasciitis, only four days after his wife said he was exposed to Vibrio bacteria at Magnolia Beach.

Ricky Rutherford in Alabama is fighting for his life after he was infected during a kayaking trip.

And in a new interview, Patty Born, from Santa Rosa County, Florida, shared that she was lucky to be alive after contracting the carnivorous infection in 2015 while finding scallops in the water.


Source link