Iran's elite revolutionary guard said on Thursday that it had shot down an American "spy drone" over its territory after it broke the Iranian airspace, according to Iranian state television.
"The American Global Hawk surveillance dragon was taken down by its air force" in the country's southern coastal province Hormozgan, added the revolutionary guard, according to the English-language Press TV.
State television did not give pictures of the drone.
Captain Bill Urban, an American Central Command spokesman, refused to comment when asked if an American drone was being shot down.
But he told the Associated Press: "There was no drone over the Iranian territory."
The reported incident comes from increased tensions between Iran and the US since last year, when President Donald Trump withdrew from a nuclear agreement between 201
Tensions have become weak last night after two oil tankers under attack near the Hormuz stretch .
The United States and its regional allies – Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates (UAE) Garden accused Iran of being behind the series of operations in the bay.
Tehran has denied commitment and instead suggested that Washington could be the author of the attacks, using the operation to justify violence against Iran.
On Wednesday, the US Navy said that recovering the limpet mine fragments from one of two tankers believed to have been attacked constituted a "striking similarity" to mines seen during Iranian military paradises.
American naval personnel showed the reporter's pieces of debris and a magnet that Navy said was used to attach an unexploded mine to the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous oil tanker, which was attacked on June 13 along with the Norwegian-owned Front Altair tanker.
Iran has repeatedly denied any involvement in the 13 suspected attacks, as well as in a similar attack on May 12 off the UAE coast.
US Envoy to the Middle East
Meanwhile, the US Special Representative for Iran sent Brian Hook to the Middle East for meetings in Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait and Bahrain to discuss "Iran's regional aggression," said the State Department.
"He will also share additional US intelligence on the number of active threats currently faced by the region," said the department in a statement. US claims that Iran carried out the attacks on the two thoughts
Iran said it could soon begin to diverge from the 2015 Nuclear Agreement, by storing more uranium than the agreement allows and enriching fuel up to 20 percent puts the nation closer to getting weapons material
On Tuesday, Secretary of State Michael Pompeo met with EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs Federica Mogherini to seek European support for US economic sanctions against Iran, Europe has urged to maintain the 2015 nuclear agreement.
On Monday, Trump ordered an additional 1,000 US troops to the Middle East, which will include a patriotic crime Atalion, manned and unmanned surveillance aircraft and "other deterrent opportunities," said the Pentagon.
In an interview with Time Magazine published on Tuesday, Trump discounted the suspected tanker attacks as "much less" but said he would be willing to go to war to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons.
Later, Pompeo turned back these comments, but says that Trump does not want war against Iran, but would continue to apply the highest pressure in the country.