- A court filing says a DNA test confirmed that Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, is the father of a child in Arkansas.
- The document, filed Wednesday in Independence County, Arkansas, said Hunter Biden "was not expected to challenge the results of the DNA test or test process," according to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.
- Biden had denied being the child's father.
- The child's mother, Lunden Alexis Roberts, filed a petition on paternity and child support in May.
- Visit Business Insider's website for more stories.
A DNA test confirmed that Hunter Biden is the father of a child in Arkansas that he has denied having, says a court reported by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
The document, filed Wednesday in Independence County, Arkansas, on behalf of the child's mother, Lunden Alexis Roberts, said the DNA test determined that Biden was the child's father "with scientific certainty." [1
In May, Roberts, who said she and Hunter Biden's relationship resulted in a child born in August 2018, filed a paternity and child support request and a petition to pay childcare, according to the Daily Beast.
Bid relationship history is complicated. In 2017, he completed his divorce from Kathleen Biden, his wife of more than 20 years, after she accused him of spending money on drugs and strip clubs.
That year he began to meet Hallie Biden, his brother Beau's widow and mother of his niece and nephew. Page Six reported in April that they had recently broken up – meaning the baby was born under their relationship.
To add to the complicated situation, he married Melissa Cohen in a surprise wedding in May.
Wednesday's filing concludes Joe Biden's presidential campaign, stating that he is "considered the person most likely to win his party's nomination and challenge President Trump during the 2020 ballot."
It said members of the Biden family are protected by the US Secret Service, suggesting that the child would also need protection.