The Washington Capitals began the Western swing of their sex game traffic in San Jose for a nice Valentine's Day with Jumbo Joe and Sharks.
Kevin Labanc opened the score in the evening, before goals from TJ Oshie and Jakub Vrana turned to the point in favor of Caps. Alex Ovechkin extended what led to two in the second and Oshie's afternoon in the evening followed shortly thereafter.
Tom Wilson with empty nights.
Caps hit Sharks 5-1!
- The first period did not start out so well for Caps, but they quickly grew into it and came out on top despite everything said and done. The first twenty minutes were played at an almost crazy rate and Caps were the surprising drivers of that pace. Great first frame on the road.
- It is #RMNBAfterDark for this one, so you will be lucky to get 20% of this aggregate state of the current hockey game.
- Happy Valentine's Day to anyone who celebrates and to everyone who is not, just think of all the money you save.
̵1; Chris Cerullo (@ CJC_95) February 14, 2019
- Cap's third goal was a part textbook offense from their top line. . Good morning …? It's the next day. It's tomorrow … or I guess today. This game was played in two days and it's really late, folks.
- Joonas Donskoi is one of my favorite players in the NHL and it is 80 percent based on the fact that he sounds like he belongs to the Star Wars. I guess it's probably like a majority of Finnish names.
- Sharks get skates out of a giant shark head with teeth and all on every home game. I want one of them right at my front door. It would make the mornings much more exciting.
Unfortunately but RMNB is just Ovi's "girl on the page". pic.twitter.com/lpwFaYg1Kw
– Zombo Apocalypse (@ZomboApocalypse) February 15, 2019
- Caps made a hell of a job in the third that limited the Sharks chances of even thinking about posing a comeback. Big things.
- Jakub Vrana was unrealistic in this one. Goals, help and two hit penalties. His linemate in the evening, TJ Oshie was also excellent when he recorded his 500th career after a three-point effort.
- Just a thought here, a little brainstorming session. Maybe it would be a good idea to come up with an alternative to the slingshot input on the power games if it is not open?
- Do I dare say … good disciplined game from Caps? Maybe they've finally got the message.
- Braden Holtby was great, per usual.
– Ian Oland (@ianoland) February 15, 2019
Caps now get a few days ahead on their way to Anaheim to play the meadows in another west coast late start. California is usually very unfriendly to the good guys and it sucks that California is pretty dope.
Full RMNB coverage of Caps at Sharks
Title photo: Brandon Magnus