The Patent Drawings for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s much-awaited Season 3 update have come with details of all the changes, tweaks and new features coming to the military shooter. The update is also live now and available for download on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
One of the biggest changes in the update is for multiplayer mode Warzone. The cost of one of the game’s most useful features, Loadout Drop, has increased to $ 10,000. The cost of the Loadout Drop from Buy Station started at $ 6,000 before moving up to $ 8,500, and now it is even higher. Many players have pointed out that Loadout Drop has a negative impact on the balance of games, and the higher price range should help to smooth things out, at least to some extent.
Loadout Drop is one of Warzon̵
Another change for Warzone is that the game will now show the distance between yourself and your teammates, which would help the troops stay together. In addition, the correction error fixes an error that could allow a player to become invincible if they are currently dropped when they change seats in the Tac Rover vehicle.
Some modern warfare and Warzone weapons also see changes in the update. Akimbo weapons now start with two extra magazines of ammunition instead of one. However, VLK Rogue Shotgun has a harder spread when shooting from the hip, and all shotguns have had their targets reduced.
You can see the full note notes for Season 3 below, posted by Infinity Ward.
In addition to these changes under the hood, the Season 3 update for Modern Warfare and Warzone introduces new content in the form of new multiplayer maps and a Quads mode for Warzone. A new operator, Alex from the Modern Warfare campaign, is also on the way to Modern Warfare. There’s also a new Season 3 Battle Pass, which comes with various cosmetics and even Riley, the dog from Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Modern Warfare Season 3 Patch Notes:
- Reduced the maximum amount of XP and points given for Decoy Grenade assists
- Backend fixes to help Memory Error 13-71 problems. If you still experience this error, contact Activision Customer Support
- Fixed a bug where more than one dog would be present in the squad walk in the main player’s menu
- As the owner of a regiment, players could sometimes see an error when choosing another player in their regiment. This has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t skip cuts to the campaign when using keyboard and mouse controls
- Fixed an error where players sometimes couldn’t see Clan Tags for other players in the Social menu after restarting the app or through a power cycle
- Fixed a problem where some players could encounter graphic corruption, causing their screen to have a black “shadow” that followed them. This has been fixed
- Fix for an area on St. Petrograd that lacked collision and allowed Recon Drone to fly outside the borders
- Fixed a bug that caused customer tags to be picked up twice
- Fixed a bug that may prevent players from talking to their team in a custom match if they switch teams after the match has started
- Lowered the volume of the floor sound during infiltration
- Decreased sound when entering Gulag
- Reduced volume occluded long and distant weapons
- Some footsteps while ADS and squatting were cut short at the distance you could hear them, depending on the surface area
- Fixed an issue where “The Line Breaker” variant of EBR could perform the basic version of the same weapon
- Players with the “Cherry Blossom” variant of Akimbo weapons may have broken animations while ADS on the ladder. This has been fixed
- Firing a smoke grenade with a 40mm smoke frame sprayer did not produce smoke from the grenade. This has been fixed
- Attaching the Sniper Scope to the MK2 Carbine in Gunsmith would show a white opaque lens. This has been fixed.
- Tighten the pellet spread on the Slug 6-R Mags for the Model 680
- Akimbo weapons now start with two extra magazines instead of 1
- Tighten the hip spread on the VLK Rogue Shotgun
- Reduced ADS spread for shotgun snails
- Added descriptions for snails noting that longer barrels and shocks improve ADS accuracy
- Update weapons names to match weapon logos
- 725: “FTAC Equilibrium” renamed “Cronen Equilibrium”
- SA87: “FSS SA87 Heavy Stock Pro” renamed to “XRK SA87 Heavy Stock Pro”
- RAM-7: “XRK Ranger” renamed to “FSS Ranger
- Grau 5.56: “FSS 26.4” Archangel “renamed” Tempus 26.4 “Archangel”
- Added on screen text to call when a player’s vehicle is damaged
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for an error that may occur after the drone is started
- Operation Headhunter: Fixed an error where the minimum plan could overlap the targets on the screen
- Fall injuries are now the same in Co-Op as in Warzone
- We now tell you how far away you are from your teammates when you are in a match
- Fix for the gas mask animation that interrupts and blocks players from distributing their parachute
- Different utilization fixes
- Fix for a bug where players could not revive their teammates after being interrupted during the first lively animation
- Fixed a bug where players could be killed by vehicles without being near the player
- Fixed an issue that could display the wrong rank on the screen after the player’s application was interrupted and reopened
- Fixed a problem where the distribution of a Recon Drone would use the VO lines for a personal radar. The VO was also heard by all players on the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players can become invincible if they are submerged while swapping space in a Tac Rover
- When you look at a player in Gulag, the option of repositioning your teammate will appear on the screen, although they cannot be redeployed. This has been fixed
- If a player looks at the winning team in a BR match, the After-Action Report shows the winning team’s score on the scoreboard. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where placing a Shield Turret on a teammate could kill them
- Fixed a bug where players could not exchange M13 for any other weapon in the Plunder manual
KING OF THE HILL:
- Fix for players who can’t be revived in Solos
- Increased Price of Loadout Drop within Buy Station to $ 10,000
- Removed blood injection and shaking when punched in waiting area Gulag
- Removed loss column from BR Leaderboard and replaced with top 10s
- Fixed problems with final circuits occurring outside the borders or in undesirable areas
- Fixed problems with armor plates and Killstreaks that are unusable under certain conditions
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
GameSpot can receive a commission from retail offers.