Graz – A dangerous incident occurred on Friday morning at dermatology at Graz LKH University Hospital: A lamp fell on a caregiver and hit the man on his shoulder. The hospital's press office confirmed the report from the online edition of Kleinen Zeitung. The event had not occurred during an operation, it was emphasized.
The caretaker had been examined immediately after the incident: "He lacks nothing," said spokesman Simone-Pfandl-Pichler for APA . The lamp was a so-called delivery lamp that was about a year old and can be pulled into the side of the operating table with a swing arm.
The patients were not there at the time, the room was prepared for the next operation. According to the first investigations, the caretaker suppressed the lamp, and she fell on the shoulder.
It could not be ruled out that the swing lamp in an unfortunate constellation could not have fallen on a patient. The reason for the technical defect is said to have been a missing screw, which is revealed by the immediate maintenance. The operating room is already certified again and further operations are possible. How often the lights are routinely examined for errors cannot be named. (APA)