A fire on a farm in Artstetten-Pöbring (Melk district) demanded a death Monday morning, according to the fire department. An unconscious woman was flown by emergency helicopter to Graz. According to Heinz Holub from Landespolizeidirektion Niederösterreich, relatives had discovered the pair motionless and immediately brought in the open.
The fire had carbon monoxide in the house. The woman was suspected of carbon monoxide poisoning, the forces say. According to Sonja Kellner of the Red Cross, it was necessary to take care of another five people in the yard.
Seven firefighters were on duty in the yard, says Franz Resperger of the Lower Austrian Provincial Command. The fire has hit a chip bunker according to the fire department. The extinguishing work ended there early in the morning. The carbon monoxide burden in the house remained high at present. The man and woman may have been surprised in their sleep, according to Resperger.
In addition to the fire brigade, many rescue workers were deployed at the scene of the accident. Offered was u.a. three ambulance helicopters, also emergency ambulance vehicles.