Home / World / 49 killed and more than 20 seriously injured in New Zealand mass photography directed at mosques

49 killed and more than 20 seriously injured in New Zealand mass photography directed at mosques



A person has been charged with a "well-planned" terrorist attack that killed 49 people and injured dozens more in two New Zealand mosques on Friday.

New Zealand police said four people – three men and one woman – were in custody at mass shooting at both places of worship in Christchurch. The accused male suspect is expected to appear in court Saturday, police commissioner Mike Bush told reporters at a press conference. He said the chief suspect was a 28-year-old Australian-born citizen who previously claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said none of the suspects were on any security guard lists.

"These are people I would describe as having extremist views that are absolutely not in New Zealand," says Ardern.

Bush explained that the police found two improvised explosive devices in a vehicle after the shot. and the police were working to design the second Friday evening. Central Christchurch and Seven fought inside the Linwood Masjid Mosque, another three died outside the Linwood Mosque.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison earlier confirmed that one of the prisoners was the unidentified male Australian citizen, describing the suspect as "an extremist, right. , violent terrorist ".

The suspects were arrested by local police after Friday's attack, Bush said. Investigators have not ruled out that more prisoners of arms could be involved but not actively looking for someone, he said.

NEW ZEALAND GUNMAN INVENTES LIVESTOCK MASSACRE

The police also worked to remove an uncontrolled video circulated online and show the Australian suspect entering a mosque and shooting several shots on people inside . He claimed responsibility for shooting and reported published a 74-page anti-immigrant manifesto before death. He wrote that he traveled to the island nation to train and commit the attack.

In a video frame, the suspect was seen driving to the mosque with what seemed to be several semi-automatic weapons in his vehicle.

Officers responded to reports of a "serious ongoing firearm event" at Masjid Al Noor on Friday afternoon and also responded to a second shooter in the nearby Linwood Masjid Mosque.

Authorities were not sure other places were threatened and urged worshipers to refrain from visiting any mosque in the country, Bush said. A brief suspension of Christchurch schools is lifted on Friday night.

AOC DRAWS IRE RIPPING "YOUR THANK YOU AND BETTER" AFTER CHRISTIAN MOSES

Ardern said Friday's events represented "one of New Zealand's darkest days."

The mosque was full for Friday afternoon prayers when the shot occurred. Len Peneha told the Associated Press that he saw a man dressed in black in the mosque and then heard dozens of shots. It was followed by rescued mosque-goers who drove from the terror. A suspect is set off and escaped after releasing what seemed to be a semi-automatic weapon, witnesses say.

  A man responds when he speaks on a mobile phone outside a mosque in downtown Christchurch, New Zealand, Friday March 15, 2019. A witness says many people have been killed in a mass shooting in a mosque in New Zealand, Christchurch. (AP Photo / Mark Baker)

A man reacts when talking about a mobile phone outside a mosque in downtown Christchurch, New Zealand, Friday March 15, 2019. A witness says many people have been killed in a mass shooting in a mosque in New Zealand, Christchurch. (AP Photo / Mark Baker)

"I saw dead people everywhere," said a related resident.

Another witness told TVNZ that he saw three women shooting and bleeding outside the mosque. A third witness said a suspect fired more than 50 shots, Stuff.co.NZ reported.

"He had a big gun and many bullets and he came through and started shooting like everyone in the mosque like, everywhere, and they have to crush the door and the glass from the window and from the little door to try to get out," he said .

VITNESSES SAY DARK DEATH, DAMAGED ON NEW ZEALAND MOSQUE

Retno Marsudi, Indonesia's Foreign Minister, said six Indonesians were inside the Al Noor mosque when the shot occurred and three fled.

"We're looking for three other Indonesian citizens," Marsudi said.

Members of the Bangladesh Cricket Team said they were moving dirty from the shooter in the same mosque. Players and coaching staff were, in my opinion, suspended from a bus when the shot broke out. Tamim Iqbal, a batsman on the team, tweeted: "The whole team was afraid of active shooters. Scary experience and please keep us in yo Ur prayers."

Mario Villavarayen, a force and conditioning coach with the team, told New Zealand media that the players did not see the suspect but heard the shot. He said the group was shaken but unharmed.

CLICK HERE TO FOX NEWS APP

"I talked to one of them shortly after," Vllavarayen said. They saw nothing but heard shots. They were on the ground and just started running. The coaching staff were all at the hotel. "

The team even moved the stage on foot to Hagley Oval where it was scheduled to play New Zealand on Saturday. The match has been interrupted.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


Source link